The clubhouse app is one of the latest innovations in technology. They are offering a unique form of connection to users. The newest social media app enables you to connect with people with audio power. In 2020 we all saw how technology could help keep us all connected. The clubhouse app is taking this to the next level for audiophiles. It is an app that helps you become a part of different communities.
Users can discuss their thoughts with like-minded individuals over the internet. It is ideal for those who like to enjoy a chill conversation with strangers. Social media, however, comes with its cons. In this guide, we will look at how to delete your clubhouse account.
- Visit – https://www.joinclubhouse.com/.
Can you Delete your Clubhouse Account?
As of now, there is no official way to delete your clubhouse account. Users have to email the account support team to request a closure. Since the app is currently in the beta stages, you cannot actively delete the account. The service is invited only and has a limited number of users. The app’s limited nature is what makes it popular amongst all users. It is also currently available only for iOS users. You can get in touch with Clubhouse support to delete the account right away.
Things to do before deleting your account?
You should be aware of some things before deleting the account. It is important to note that there is no going back for at least 30 days once you delete your account. Users will also require a new invite to start the process again. Users can also choose to deactivate their accounts instead. It will be temporary and keep your communities alive. However, if you are hoping to leave the app permanently, this is the solution.
Steps to Deleting your Clubhouse Account
The Clubhouse app already has a limited number of users on the platform. They utilize a two-part process to ensure account deletion. Users have to request the team to do the same. You can follow our guide to get complete information about the process.
Step 1 – Authenticate your email
Users have to authenticate the email on the platform. It is a mandate to ensure security standards. You can confirm to the clubhouse support that you are the account owner. It becomes simple to verify if the request is coming from an actual user. The team can process your request only if the account is connected to a working email. You can authenticate your email by following the steps given below.
- Open up the clubhouse app on your device. Here you will see the profile option at the top right corner. Click on your user ID or photo to visit the settings tab.
- In this settings option, you will see an @ button. It is available right beside the settings icon at the top right corner. You will not see it if there is an email already attached to your account. Enter the email address here and click on the verify option.
- Users can now visit the email on their account to check the confirmation. Click on the link available in the email and confirm your account.
Now that this process is done, we can move forward with the deletion process.
Step 2 – Clubhouse support for deletion
Clubhouse users have to visit their helpdesk to request a cancellation of the account. The process is quite simple and doesn’t involve any hassles at all. Your account, along with all of the data, will be deleted within the processing time. Here are the steps to request the deletion from the helpdesk. Follow them to get rid of the account quickly.
- Users can start by visiting the website support link. It is easily available through this link – https://clubhouseapp.zendesk.com/. It will open up the support form that is open for all queries.
- In the account deletion form, you have to enter the necessary details like email, clubhouse account, etc. There is a section for you to write down your request with the clubhouse.
- In choosing a topic section, select the My Account and Profile option. In the subsection, users can select the delete account option. You can further mention the reasons why you want to delete the account.
- Once you type out your request and submit some proof, click on the submit button. The clubhouse support will soon delete your account.
Users can follow the same process to deactivate their accounts temporarily. We understand that this seems like a lot of hassle. It is true because other social media apps have a simple one-step process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Once you submit the deletion request, your account receive deactivation immediately. The support doesn’t mention a specific time limit for the deletion. It is assumed that the deletion process may take up to 30 days. Users will not be able to use their account once the account deletion request is sent. It is a long-term solution if you don’t want to use the app anymore.
Yes! Users are free to create another account with the clubhouse app. It would help if you got another invitation from someone already using the app. It is important to note that you won’t create an account with the previous email and phone number until 30 days of deletion. It is done to restrict any detractors from disturbing the user ratios.
Once users send a deletion request, the profile will no longer be visible to anyone. As the account is immediately deactivated, no one can get in touch with you. It is done to prevent users from thinking that you are ghosting anyone online.
Many users would love to take a break from social media. To do that, you don’t need to delete your Instagram account. Users can also send a deactivate request through the same link. It will deactivate your account for an unspecified time. You can choose to reactivate it after you decide to come back online.
You May Also Like:
The Clubhouse app is extremely new, so there can be some flaws while using it regularly. You can choose to delete the account easily. The process is made a little difficult by the customer support option. In this guide, we cover all the necessary information required to complete the deletion process. We hope that there are simpler deletion and deactivation request features in future versions of the app. You can now utilize these steps to quit using the app permanently.